Inside Your Camden Music Studio
Invite collaborators or work solo at our open-access production studios in Camden, North London. Choose from 13 music recording studios near Kentish Town tube station.
Our studios have everything you need to lay down a beat, mixdown, record vocals or master.
Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
New guidelines at Pirate Camden
- You need to register the names of all your guests when you make your booking – you’ll be prompted to do this when you make your next booking. Security will be checking everyone’s ID (including yours) at the entrance and if someone hasn’t been registered or doesn’t have ID on them, they won’t be allowed into the building.
- Under 18's are not permitted onsite after 9pm.
- Camden’s opening hours are now 9am-10pm. When you finish your session, please leave the area as quietly and quickly as you can. Any noise may be filmed by neighbours and used against Pirate.
- There will be no alcohol allowed in the studios. Security will be performing bag searches at the entrance to the site and any alcohol will be removed.
- Anyone caught with drugs in the studios will be reported directly to the police and removed from the building.
We really appreciate everyone doing their bit to help keep Pirate Camden safe for everyone. We don’t expect these measures to be in place forever, but right now, it’s really important that you respect our neighbours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist North London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Camden there are 37 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Your Camden studios are situated in the sweet spot between Kentish Town, Camden Road, Cally Road and Tufnell Park, making it the ideal location for some of North London's greatest hits — Camden Lock, The Emirates Stadium, KOKO and plenty more.
If you're in the area there's a bunch of under-the-radar spots to check out, including:
- Cantelowes Skatepark: easily one of the best outdoor bowls anywhere
- The Third Estate: eco-friendly clothing for all seasons
- DNA VR: Virtual Reality arcade with Half-Life: Alyx, no brainer
- Lord Stanley: one of the best pub pizzas we've had in London, and we've done the rounds
Know somewhere worth shouting about in Camden? We're all ears, share with the COMMUNITY.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 23-25 Hampshire Street, London NW5 2TE. Get directions via Google Maps.
The main entrance is on Hampshire Street, with the studio entrance up a short flight of interior stairs. For this reason, we are sorry to inform you that the studios are not fully accessible. However, our two alternative North London locations — Wembley (mostly accessible) and Tottenham (fully accessible) — are.
Coming by public transport? The studios are a 15-minute walk from the closest station, Kentish Town — a 20-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus. Buses 29, 253, N29, N235 and N279 all stop nearby on Brecknock Road; a five-minute walk away.
Driving or cycling? We do not have dedicated parking spaces for your car or bike, but there's plenty of paid public spaces on Hampshire Street and in the surrounding neighbourhood. Please be aware of any parking restrictions in order to avoid parking fines.