Your Podcast Studios
Premium equipment. Plug and play simplicity. Customisable lighting. Our podcast studios are ideal for recording your first podcast — or your fortieth. The hardest part of starting a podcast is now coming up with a great idea.
- Our podcast studios are approximately 110 sq. ft or 10m2
- A quiet space to record and interview
- Chairs and mics for up to 4 people
- Bookings available 24/7, every day of the year
Podcast studio features
Perfect for solo sessions, dial-ins, group discussions or interviews. Equipped with a RØDECaster Pro unit for seamless recording.
- Integrated Podcast Unit - RØDECaster Pro
- Microphones - 4 x Rode Procaster
- Headphones - 4 x KRK 6400
- Seating - For up to four people
- Extras - Custom lighting and temperature control
- Podcast - MIDI control
Your Space To Create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our custom-designed Queens studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Ridgewood there are 28 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Your Local Area
It's All Happening in Queens
The home of historic districts has made a name for itself as one of the city's premier exponents of contemporary arts and culture. As well as the myriad of businesses plying their wares under the shared roof of our Box Factory home, there's plenty to do and see if you're hankering for a break from rehearsals:
- Tikal Cafe is just down the street from Pirate and is prepared to fuel you with their eclectic menu of vegetarian food — and no it’s not all salads. Juices, wraps, breakfast and more are waiting for you at Tikal Cafe.
- Queens Brewery is an absolutely humongous hang-out haven with long picnic tables, bar food, and beverages brewed on site. Oh, they serve coffee too. Take a load off and indulge.
- The Deep End: this Wyckoff Ave spot knows brunch like you know the back of your hand. Go hungry, leave hunched over.
- The Muse is another like-minded creative community celebrating circus and performance art in all its weird and wonderful forms. Try one of their online classes from the comfort of your own home and see what it may inspire in your own creative endeavors.
- The Ridgewood Reservoir at Highland Park is a short distance from the studios and will provide you with a peaceful, natural environment in which to collect your thoughts. Take a notebook, lean up against a tree or lay in the grass and let this beautiful park encourage you to keep creating.
The Ridgewood studios are located on the lower ground floor of Box Factory, 1519 Decatur St. with a WC-accessible lift.
Get directions via Google Maps.
There are plenty of public transport services available: Bus B20 via Pennsylvania Av / Decatur Street; Subway L & J via Halsey Street; and Subway L & M via Myrtle - Wyckoff Ave