Pirate DJ Studios
Club-standard equipment. Customisable lighting. Our DJ studios allow you to replicate the club experience solo or back-to-back with your friends, no matter what your skill level.
Our standard two-deck DJ studios are approximately 65 square feet, and our Pro three-deck DJ studios are approximately 130 square feet. Both can hold up to a maximum of five people (including the lead booker) per session.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Scottish studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Edinburgh there are 10 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. We've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
From intimate gigs to arenas, Edinburgh is renowned for its live music scene. If you're looking for a night out in Edinburgh with some good tunes, we suggest checking out one of the following establishments:
- Henry's Cellar Bar, aka the most beautiful dive bar in the world, for live music, comedy, spoken word gigs and alternative club nights
- Located at 207 Cowgate, Stramash (the name means making a racket), for live music in a renovated church
- Whistle Binkies, located in the ancient vaults under Edinburgh's South Bridge, hosts performances until 3 am, every night of the week
- Decks - 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2
- Mixer - Pioneer DJM-900 NXS2
- Speakers - 2x Pioneer XPRS 10
- Extras - Custom lighting and temperature control
The studio address is Unit 9C, South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB.
Driving? There are five spaces available at the right-hand side of the studio entrance.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest tram stop is Bankhead. Buses stop on South Gyle Crescent.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.