Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Midlands studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Leicester there are 14 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ and Pro DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Limited car-parking: three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, plus pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Ay up duck
Leicester's lineage as a hotspot for many of the world's preeminent blues, rock and pop musicians in the 60s lives on through its exemplary array of independent record stores. Mighty Leicester boasts Britain’s first mainland radio station – BBC Radio Leicester – which first broadcast in 1967. Nowadays, you are just likely to hear local grime don and Pirate mainstay Jafro on the airwaves as you are to catch a chisit waxing lyrical about that 2015-2016 title-winning season.
Here are a few of our favourite spots that are within walking distance from your Cumberland St. studios:
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
The studio address is Cumberland House, Cumberland St., Leicester, LE1 4QS.
If you're driving, free parking is available. We have three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, and there are pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park.
Please note: the Cumberland Street car park is now run by another company and no longer available to Pirate customers. Please avoid parking here, or risk receiving a parking fine beyond our control.
If you're coming by public transport, the Hay Market bus station is a ten-minute walk away.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.