Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Scottish studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Edinburgh there are 10 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. We've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
From intimate gigs to arenas, Edinburgh is renowned for its live music scene. If you're looking for a night out in Edinburgh with some good tunes, we suggest checking out one of the following establishments:
- Henry's Cellar Bar, aka the most beautiful dive bar in the world, for live music, comedy, spoken word gigs and alternative club nights
- Located at 207 Cowgate, Stramash (the name means making a racket), for live music in a renovated church
- Whistle Binkies, located in the ancient vaults under Edinburgh's South Bridge, hosts performances until 3 am, every night of the week
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
The studio address is Unit 9C, South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB.
Driving? There are five spaces available at the right-hand side of the studio entrance.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest tram stop is Bankhead. Buses stop on South Gyle Crescent.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.