Inside Your Birmingham Rehearsal Room
Find your own rehearsal room in Birmingham. Choose from 11 music rehearsal studios near Bullring and Grand Central, in the heart of Digbeth where you can play as loud as you want. Various sizes are available, from drum studios to full band practice rooms.
In a group of up to 4? Book a Standard or Standard+ studio.
Large band? Book Pro.
Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Come and go as you please with our self-service studios open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We have four different studio types for you to choose from in Birmingham:
- DJ studios to hone your mix on club-standard equipment
- Rehearsal studios for your band to practice for the next gig
- Production studios to record your next masterpiece
- Podcast studios to start your first or finesse your 40th episode
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. Whether you're a relative beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Birmingham studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix music with no distractions. Book now and let your creativity flow.
What's Pirate all about?
As a member of Pirate, you have round the clock access to our dedicated DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Out and about in Brum
The UK's second city, Birmingham, is the hometown of many of the world's ground-breaking musicians, including Duran Duran, Black Sabbath, and UB40. In these more contemporary times, we're looking to Village Bully (band), Trieste (DJ) and Sophie Lou (MC) for inspiration.
Your local studios are snugly situated in the graffitied heart of Birmingham’s Creative Quarter, Digbeth, a stone's throw from the Custard Factory and Eastside Projects, meaning there's always something going on. If you're after some fresh air, the local park — Kingston Hill — is a great place to chill.
Right next door to the studios you'll find Mutt Motorcycle Company — who do a great cup of coffee. Peckish? Digbeth Dining Club has always got a mouth-watering line-up of the world's greatest street food traders. For a round of drinks and 'dough' head to Digbeth Brew Co.
Know somewhere worth shouting about in the area? Head to COMMUNITY and spread the good word.
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
what3words location: ///funds.motion.gloves
If you're driving, we have an off-street gated car park for 15 vehicles but you will need to register your vehicle before your session to avoid being issued a fine by the car park owner. Register your vehicle details on the day of your session.
Please note: as of 1 June 2021 your vehicle may be charged if it does not adhere to Birmingham's Clean Air Zone ruling. Check how the Clean Air Zone affects you by entering your vehicle registration number via the Government portal.
If you’re coming by public transport the nearest train station is Bordesley. Buses include the 17, 60, 876, 877, 891, X1 Platinum and X2 Platinum. Get directions via Google Maps.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.