Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Norfolk studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Norwich there are 14 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Norwich — more than orrite
There's loads to see and do in the area around Norwich Pirate Studios. Take a walk through Trowse along the River Yare and you’ll end up at Whitlingham Country Park, arguably the city's finest spot for outdoor pursuits and a glorious location for a mid-rehearsal break.
A detour towards the city centre will take you past Carrow Road, the home of Norwich City FC, and onto Norwich Market, a prime shopping spot for locals and out-of-towners. Hungry? Biddy's Tea Room on Lower Goat Lane has a selection of pastries to die for.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 15 Bessemer Road, Norwich, NR4 6DQ.
Directions: Turn into Bessemer Rd via Hall Road or Sandy Lane. Travel approximately 300m until you find the black gate directly opposite the Bed & Sofa Warehouse. Follow the path through the gate to Unit 15 — the studios are on the right-hand side.
If you're coming by public transport, buses stop nearby on both Sandy Lane and Hall Road.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.