Inside Your Leicester Music Studio
Invite collaborators or work solo at our music studios in Leicester. Choose from 4 recording studios on Cumberland Street, near the city centre. Our self-service recording studios have everything you need to lay down a beat, mixdown or master.
Go Pro if you need a vocal booth, or if you’re bringing the whole crew.
Just you? Book a Standard music studio.
Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
NEW SECURITY MEASURES AT PIRATE LEICESTER
Over the past several weeks, a few individuals at Pirate Leicester have been damaging rooms, stealing equipment and disturbing artists who are just there to make music.
We’ve had multiple meetings with the local police who are concerned about the behaviour on-site. As a result of these meetings, we’ve decided to introduce a number of new security measures at Pirate Leicester, starting today.
- Under-18s will not be allowed on site. Guards will be checking ID at the entrance.
- You need to register the names of all your guests when booking your session – you’ll be prompted to do this during the booking process. Security will be checking everyone’s ID (including yours) at the entrance and if someone hasn’t been registered or doesn’t have ID on them, they won’t be allowed into the building.
- Pirate Leicester’s opening hours are now 8am-2am. When you finish your session, please leave the area as quietly and quickly as you can.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Midlands studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Leicester there are 14 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- Limited car-parking: three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, plus pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
Ay up duck
Leicester's lineage as a hotspot for many of the world's preeminent blues, rock and pop musicians in the 60s lives on through its exemplary array of independent record stores. Mighty Leicester boasts Britain’s first mainland radio station – BBC Radio Leicester – which first broadcast in 1967. Nowadays, you are just likely to hear local grime don and Pirate mainstay Jafro on the airwaves as you are to catch a chisit waxing lyrical about that 2015-2016 title-winning season.
Here are a few of our favourite spots that are within walking distance from your Cumberland St. studios:
- Out Of Joint Records: Leftfield dance music specialist with undoubtedly the cutest office mascot in the area
- Beat Route: second-hand prog, psych, pop mecca with an immaculately well-kept selection
- Jazz House Records: lose yourself for hours in this haven for classic and contemporary jazz
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
what3words location: ///candy.chip.pirate
The studio address is Cumberland House, Cumberland St., Leicester, LE1 4QS. Get directions via Google Maps.
If you're driving, free parking is available. We have three spaces outside the entrance to the studios, and there are pay and display spaces at the Highcross John Lewis car park.
Please note: the Cumberland Street car park is now run by another company and no longer available to Pirate customers. Please avoid parking here, or risk receiving a parking fine beyond our control.
If you're coming by public transport, the Hay Market bus station is a ten-minute walk away.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.