Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist West Yorkshire studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practise and mix with no distractions.
In Leeds there are 19 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- A custom-built dance studio with a Harlequin sprung floor
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
On-site facilities include car parking, but please register before your session.
Live in Leeds
Good music venues are in abundance in Leeds. Depending on the day of the week, you'll find excellent at Belgrave Music Hall, Hifi, Distrikt Holbeck Underground Ballroom and Beaverworks.
For those seeking refreshment, Northern Monk Brewery offers a good tipple, while Friends of Ham caters for those who need a quiet date spot. Temple Coffee & Donuts, around the corner from the studios also comes highly recommended for its namesakes.
If you're in need of some visual inspiration, one of Leeds' finest architectural highlights is the Leeds Corn Exchange with its domed wooden roof resembling the hull of a boat.
Fans of the great outdoors should head to Willow Field, a five-minute walk from the studios, or Roundhay park — one of the biggest city parks in Europe.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is Unit 6-7, Kirkstall Industrial Estate, Leeds, LS4 2AZ.
We're located just five minutes' walk from Cardigan Fields. If you're coming by public transport, buses stop nearby on Kirstall Rd.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.