Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Scottish studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practise and mix with no distractions.
In Glasgow there are 16 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Glasgow famously has more vegan restaurants per capita than any other city in the UK. One of our faves, Stereo Cafe Bar, mixes music, food, and good times. The cafe often provides access to the club, an underground space that stands in contrast to the fine exterior.
Need a quick-fire and iconic introduction to the Glaswegian dance scene? Sub Club is a club and music venue located at 22 Jamaica Street in the city. Fact: It opened 01 April 1987 and is the longest-running underground club in the world.
Looking for coffee? Who isn't? The good people of the Good Coffee Cartel are just a stone's throw away on the other side of Kinning Park. Hit them up before your next 10-hour recording marathon in the recording studio.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is Units 2-4, Century Business Park, Glasgow, G41 1AA.
Driving? Head all the way to the end of Cornwall Street South. We have six car parking spaces available inside the gates.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest subway station is Kinning Park. Buses stop nearby on Edwin St.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.