Recording Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Sussex studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Brighton and Hove there are 11 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard DJ equipment
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig in
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Creativity by the sea
The sounds coming out of Brighton are huge. We're hearing great things about Fur, Egyptian Blue, DITZ, Nature TV, Penelope Isles, Beach Riot and Orchards — just to name a few. Of course, you can't talk about Sussex without mentioning local legends Midland, Nick Cave and xx.
If you need a break from the studios there is a cluster of independent cafes (offering a great selection of local produce) on George Street and Church St. Local pubs include the Poets Ale and Smokehouse, and the Ancient Mariner. For fresh air and reinvigoration, the studios are a 15-minute walk from the seafront. Mmm, negative ions.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 10 St Josephs Close, Brighton and Hove, BN3 7ES.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Aldrington. Buses include the 28, 5, 5A, 47 and 71A.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.