DJ Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate DJ Studios
Club-standard equipment. Customisable lighting. Our DJ studios allow you to replicate the club experience solo or back-to-back with your friends, no matter what your skill level.
Our standard two-deck DJ studios are approximately 65 square feet, and our Pro three-deck DJ studios are approximately 130 square feet. Both can hold up to a maximum of five people (including the lead booker) per session.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Brooklyn studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Gowanus there are 35 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-serve using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
- High-speed WiFi
- Vending machines
- Kitchen facilities
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Bike room
Industry in more ways than one
Gowanus' charm lies in its authentic blend of old-school tradition and new enterprise. Classic rowhouses and converted warehouses provide residency for many of the area's young families, thriving startups, and must-go-to hotspots. Showcasing the inestimable power of a walkable neighborhood, here are our favorite haunts all within a stone's throw of the studios:
- For lunch, why not pop over to The Sideboard for affordable, carefully assembled sandwiches and an assortment of grab-and-go snacks and beverages.
- Your caffeine fix is waiting for you at Four & Twenty Blackbirds which is also known for its decadent pie offerings. Yep. Pie.
- Halyards is an unassuming, lovely corner bar with craft beers, cocktails, and small bites.
- We love our next-door neighbors at The Bell House where you’ll discover weekly live music events, comedy nights, eats, drinks, and a guaranteed good time.
- Need some creative stimulation? Ortega y Gasset Projects is a wonderfully-curated exhibition space that is sure to inspire before heading back into the studios.
- Decks - 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2
- Mixer - Pioneer DJM-900 NXS2
- Speakers - 2x Pioneer XPRS 10
- Extras - Custom lighting and temperature control
The studio address is 156, 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA.
Gowanus' main entrance and ground floor studios / amenities are WC accessible from the sidewalk of 156 6th St. The only studios that are WC inaccessible are the podcast studios on the first floor.
Driving? Whilst the site itself doesn't have any parking available, there are plenty of options on 6th and in the surrounding area.
Cycling? Store your ride in our dedicated bike room.
Local subway trains D, N, R, W and F service the area regularly.